Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ask Caroline: April 2014


I am currently an S-L student and I just finished my service. I really think this is marketable for employment but am not sure if I should put Service-Learning on my resume. What should I do? Absolutely put Service-Learning on your resume! As a student, you can put Service-Learning under your volunteer experience, related experience, or professional experience depending on you target audience. Service-Learning is definitely marketable to employers; this experience is similar to a co-op where you are able to apply classroom concepts to a real life scenario. Great resources for including S-L on your resume include: career services, your co-op advisers, your S-LTA (if applicable), and the S-L program staff

"Spring is the time of plans and projects." - Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
How do I become a Service-Learning Community Partner for Fall 2014? This is a very important question. Please e-mail service-learning@neu.edu. Your information will be added to the distribution list and you will receive the Request for Partnership when available in May.  


No comments:

Post a Comment